The world against me rages, its fury I disdain;
Though bitter war it wages, its work is all in vain.
My heart from care is free, no trouble troubles me.
Misfortune now is play, and night is bright as day.

--Awake, My Heart, with Gladness (Auf, Auf, Mein Herz, mit Freuden), Paul Gerhardt

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Library tutorials I'm proud of

I am a librarian by day.  I’ve recently produced some video tutorials that deal with issues related to searching, research, and the nature of authority – and I think their applicability goes beyond our library (Concordia St. Paul).

I put a bunch of time into them and thought I'd keep track of them here.

So, if you are interested...

My favorite (discusses how to determine which sources are good for research and academic work. It includes information about the nature of authority / reliability):



This one goes along with it (discusses practical tips that can be used to help locate and evaluate quality web sites that are appropriate for your research and academic work):


This one is my second favorite (an introduction to doing research):



This one (on Advanced Searching) is is almost my second favorite (understand how the nature of language and the structure of databases can affect your search):



 ...and this one goes with it (advanced search features databases have in common that help us to search efficiently, effectively, and specifically -- getting great control over our results):



Finally, a video on Copyright Law (for educators- to supplement the SOPA mania from a few days ago):

No comments:

Post a Comment